The European Commission has announced that it is to invest more than €1bn on research into new technologies that can improve the lives of older people. The commission said on Thursday that it had adopted a new action plan as part of its "Ageing Well in the Information Society" initiative. The main goals of the plan are to …
Why the insistence on ICT?
Why the insistence on ICT? The only reason I can see is that this is about pork-barrelling as much as it is about older people. What older people need, what anyone needs, is innovative products, services and systems, not "innovative, ICT-based products, services and systems". The sooner we as a society get over our infatuation with ICT, the better. (Of course, as ICT industry enthusiasts, we have conflicting interests...)
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go