The European Commission has announced that it is to invest more than €1bn on research into new technologies that can improve the lives of older people. The commission said on Thursday that it had adopted a new action plan as part of its "Ageing Well in the Information Society" initiative. The main goals of the plan are to …
Why the insistence on ICT?
Why the insistence on ICT? The only reason I can see is that this is about pork-barrelling as much as it is about older people. What older people need, what anyone needs, is innovative products, services and systems, not "innovative, ICT-based products, services and systems". The sooner we as a society get over our infatuation with ICT, the better. (Of course, as ICT industry enthusiasts, we have conflicting interests...)
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp