The deadline for the biggest ever synchronised release of open software is looming. On 29 June, the long-awaited Europarelease from the Eclipse Foundation will see updates in 20 categories of Eclipse open software. The unprecedented release covers around 30 separate components - with several making their public début. At the …
This article has one of the highest acronym-to-content (ATC) ratios I've seen on El Reg in a long time. Well done!
...will eclipse finally have a bloody line wrap feature? I know it's a revolutionary new concept in text editing, not found in any other IDEs...
Re: line wrap
God bless you mrben.
As long as line wrap is not implemented I don't consider Eclipse an IDE. ;) God damn it, how hard can it be? (assuming it is not yet done in Europa).
"Another début comes in the form of release 0.9 of a Device Debugging (DD) tool under the Device Software Development Platform (DSDP). There is also a new version (2.0) of the Target Management (TM) tool under DSDP."
Can't we have more news about Google Street View exploits, and less of this jargon-heavy specialist stuff about computers? The kind of people who need to know about this kind of thing already know about this kind of thing. There should be more stories about (a) unmanned spy drones (b) rude tech support people and (c) the other thing, you know.
"Biggest ever" ?
This may be the biggest ever release of Eclipse-related software, but a single release of OpenOffice.org alone would "eclipse" this release significantly.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER