Yahoo! shareholders today re-elected the company’s directors and rejected calls to restructure compensation for senior executives. Three advisory firms had called on shareholders to vote at Yahoo!’s annual meeting in Santa Clara, California against several board members as a way of protesting the $71.7 million compensation …
Lies, damn lies, and statistics
"Sixty-six per cent of shareholders rejected the proposal..."
It would be interesting to find out if this was 66% of shareholders, or 66% of voting stock... which is NOT the same as 66% of shareholders.
I didn't understand why the shareholders voted in favour of the board if Yahoo isn't doing as well as Google?
Surely the performance factor affects their share prices?
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2