back to article Techies of Leeds unite

Next Wednesday sees the inaugural evening meeting for the Leeds chapter of GeekUp - the techie social night that is taking the north-west of England by storm. GeekUp is a monthly techy meet-up held in Manchester, Leeds, and Liverpool. Leeds' first event will be held at the Cross Keys pub, in Water Lane, next to the Round …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Simon Greenwood

*NEXT* Wednesday

according to Yahoo. I might skate back home and check it out. Typical, just as I abandon Leeds for my Salford pied a terre during the week, something happens.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dress down ?

Will the bouncers on the door be refusing entry without a (clip on) ponytail?

"If your hairs not down, your not coming in!"

3. Dan Hardiker

GeekUp Manchester & Liverpool

There are other events up north happening monthly -- see www.geekup.org

4. Greg

Fantastic

Something nerdy happening in Leeds? Excellent. Doesn't happen nearly as often as it should. I work in Leeds every day, so it'll be great to be able to attend something without having to drive to Sheffield or Birmingham or (God help us) London.

And in response to Richard above, I do indeed have a pony tail. :-D

5. bigfoot780

excellent

I'm new to leeds and a geek (with short hair) be great to go and see whats going on.

6. Greg

Re: excellent

See you there! ;-)

7. Greg

Registration won't work!

When I try to register my interest using my Yahoo account, I get asked to enter a screenname. I enter one, and it tells me that my e-mail address is also required, only there's no ruddy e-mail address field on the form! So nuts to that. I'll be going to the event, they just won't know I'm coming. ;-)

8. tom smith

York monkey-oriented geekery

I'll try to make the July meet and bring along a few monkeys to boot all the way from York.

http://wearethemonkeys.com

This topic is closed for new posts.