The mother of Shi Tao, the Chinese journalist and democracy campaigner who was jailed after Yahoo! handed over server logs to authorities, has joined a US court action against the internet firm. Shi Tao was locked up for 10 years in 2005 when Beijing accused him of leaking state secrets to foreigners. Yahoo! provided crucial …
This is how capitalism works:
Question: Is it profitable?
Answer: If yes, do it. If no, don't do it.
Ethics don't come into the equasion.
What did you expect?
Yahoo! seems! more! interested! in! covering! its! back!
So much can be said about Google too ... I wonder why they do it, they could shield themselves by saying "we're not a Chinese company"
oh wait, gotta say that in Engrish: we not Chinese company ;)
Are you sure?
"...has joined a US court action against the internet firm."
The substance of this court action would be that Yahoo have an obligation to ignore any legal processes that it disagrees with? Is it just me or is that a tad futile?
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200000 ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad