Two more pieces of legislation designed to reform the American gaming market found their way into Congress last Thursday. Although the testimony on Friday in support of Barney Frank's Internet Gambling Regulation Act (IGRA) garnered more attention, the introduction of legislation known as the Skill Game Protection Act (SGPA) by …
A combination of skill and chance?
Is everyone else thinking the same thing I am? "Shock the monkey to place a bet!" Trivial 'skill' elements to bypass gambling laws.
Best one-liner ever?
Cousin Zeb (Fuzzy Knight): Uh, is this a game of chance?
Cuthbert J. Twillie (W.C. Fields): Not the way I play it, no.
My Little Chickadee (1940)
This seems intended to differentiate sport betting from game betting.
But how is it different to bet upon the outcome of a horse race to a chess game ? or a football match and a round of Mah Jong ?
I would suggest that the proposed legislation state the bettor must be 'participating' in the contest, and the skill involved belong only to the bettor (and whatever help he has alongside his PC )
But I dont really care much, not being an American.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER