Two more pieces of legislation designed to reform the American gaming market found their way into Congress last Thursday. Although the testimony on Friday in support of Barney Frank's Internet Gambling Regulation Act (IGRA) garnered more attention, the introduction of legislation known as the Skill Game Protection Act (SGPA) by …
A combination of skill and chance?
Is everyone else thinking the same thing I am? "Shock the monkey to place a bet!" Trivial 'skill' elements to bypass gambling laws.
Best one-liner ever?
Cousin Zeb (Fuzzy Knight): Uh, is this a game of chance?
Cuthbert J. Twillie (W.C. Fields): Not the way I play it, no.
My Little Chickadee (1940)
This seems intended to differentiate sport betting from game betting.
But how is it different to bet upon the outcome of a horse race to a chess game ? or a football match and a round of Mah Jong ?
I would suggest that the proposed legislation state the bettor must be 'participating' in the contest, and the skill involved belong only to the bettor (and whatever help he has alongside his PC )
But I dont really care much, not being an American.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS