The US Justice Department has urged state authorities to reject Google's anti-trust claim against Microsoft. Google complained to regulators that Microsoft's Vista operating system discouraged use of Google search. Thomas O Barnett, assistant attorney general, sent a memo to state attorney generals encouraging them to drop the …
Yes it slows down Google Desktop search....
But doesn't it slow down everything?
If the allegations are found to be true, then it would be rather funny, I've always though of adding a few lines to remove some other programs registry settings. Oh well
Conflict of interest?
Wouldn't that be considered a conflict of interest? I mean that's, at the very least, an amicable pre-existing relationship.
I've run vista...
... since January 2007, and I've only a coupel of times used any SE other than Google.
As for slowing Google Desktop Search down - Vista changed a lot of things, lots of apps don't quite work how they did previously, until the developers catch up and patch them/work out what's going on.
... like I'm bothered with Google desktop search when I have Vista, it looks so pretty :)
"But doesn't it slow down everything?", funnily enough no it doesn't, I was expecting it to but installing Vista has meant my Laptop has started performing a lot better than when I had XP Media Centre (or XP 98 2nd Edition as I liked to call it).
Deffo Pot and kettle
Google Desktop search slows everything else down!
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?