In a clear shot at rival SWsoft, VMware has started hyping a new pricing model for its VMware Infrastructure software suite aimed at hosting service providers. Hosting companies appear to have balked at VMware's rather expensive per processor/socket licensing model. So, the company will now sell hosters its highest-end …
Ah, but VMWare can be free!
At least as far as I can see, there is no rival from SWSoft to allow really small users and experimenters to use their software for free. VMWare is working in similar ways to AVG and Zonealarm, which I think will pay off more than keeping their pricing structure quiet will harm them.
And its a good product. That always helps! :p
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE