In a clear shot at rival SWsoft, VMware has started hyping a new pricing model for its VMware Infrastructure software suite aimed at hosting service providers. Hosting companies appear to have balked at VMware's rather expensive per processor/socket licensing model. So, the company will now sell hosters its highest-end …
Ah, but VMWare can be free!
At least as far as I can see, there is no rival from SWSoft to allow really small users and experimenters to use their software for free. VMWare is working in similar ways to AVG and Zonealarm, which I think will pay off more than keeping their pricing structure quiet will harm them.
And its a good product. That always helps! :p
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Twitter declines to deny JLaw tweet scrubdown after alleged iCloud NAKED PHOTOS hack