Hackers rather than an inside job are being blamed for an attack on an Illinois state agency's server that left thousands of property market workers potentially exposed to identity theft. Attacks on the systems of the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, carried out in January but not discovered until …
Serves 'em right...
If they're running live servers with beta/untested software on them WITH confidential data, then they deserved what they got. Should never run test servers in a live environment, especially with potentially sensitive information.
Hackers blamed for a hack?!
No really? Wow! I would never have though that it could've been hackers that carried out a hack!
Real estate "professionals"
As if there weren't sufficient reason to distrust these "professionals" - now you'd have to check if you're actually dealing with the person or someone who's nicked their identity.
(cue all the usual jokes about estate agents, concrete boots and being at the bottom of the sea)
RE: Hackers blamed for a hack?!
...and there I was thinking that Fishermen were to blame...
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE