Hackers have been able to load malware onto the official Mercury music awards site, as well as hundreds of other sites, after breaking into the systems of US-based hosting firm DreamHost. DreamHost blamed a security flaw in its web control panel software for an attack that allowed hackers to compromise a "very small subset" of …
This has been bubbling along for a while
The article mentions the update of WebFTP not being the cause - I first noticed my sites affected by this problem on 30 May, and at that time the suggestion was that *I* had somehow been compromised. So this hack started at least 9 days ago, it's just taken a while for DH to fess up publicly.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know