Hackers have been able to load malware onto the official Mercury music awards site, as well as hundreds of other sites, after breaking into the systems of US-based hosting firm DreamHost. DreamHost blamed a security flaw in its web control panel software for an attack that allowed hackers to compromise a "very small subset" of …
This has been bubbling along for a while
The article mentions the update of WebFTP not being the cause - I first noticed my sites affected by this problem on 30 May, and at that time the suggestion was that *I* had somehow been compromised. So this hack started at least 9 days ago, it's just taken a while for DH to fess up publicly.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph
- Ex–Apple CEO John Sculley: Ousting Steve Jobs 'was a mistake'