Here comes BitTorrent 2.0. Researchers at the Delft University of Technology and De Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam recently unveiled the latest version of a new-age BitTorrent client known as Tribler, part of an effort to "move P2P to the next generation". Tribler 4.0 lets you search YouTube, as well as offering a revamped …
Ah, so that's what it means!
"In the past, P2P was all about file-sharing and key word search," Johan Pouwelse, an assistant professor at Delft University. "We're working towards true content sharing, a system that gives you the sort of visual browsing you have on YouTube and the community feeling you have on FaceBook or MySpace."
So, we can expect to see extremely-poor-quality video, with horrendous graphical design that look like something out of Paul Klee on a bad acid trip, and page navigation that makes circumnavigating Cape Horn in a single-masted sailboat, during a hurricane at midnight, look like a picnic in Hyde park. Oh, and with gratuitous insulting commentary from spotty, malodourous total strangers .
Glad to have that sorted, then.
for one thing they developing a mac version from the start ... that can't be said from most other application developers ...
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball