Server, software and chip darling PeakStream appears to have entered the start-up protection program. Shot of milk carton with PeakStream logo PeakStream, where are you? PeakStream's web site and telephone numbers have turned dysfunctional. Sources tell The Register that's because the software start-up has been acquired. …
Could be useful for leveraging Cell
From your shortlist, I would go for IBM. Anything that could expose the potential power of Cell in a more straightforward fashion could well be appealing to IBM. I guess we will just have wait and see.
The Milpitas Triangle strikes again
I think what's happened here is that some company has snapped up PeakStream and deliberately kept it silent. If it's such hot property, would you want news of such an acquisition taking place? There'd be bids, counterbids, and always the chance of headhunters being hired to call up the ex-PeakStream people at their new place of work and attempt to lure them away...
No... much better to swoop in and carry them off to a new place.
I could be completely wrong, of course... it might just be a power outage in the area and they've all gone home for the [day|week|afternoon|silly season]...
Google, who would have think it....
Question now is, why?
Nice work, must be why the Reg team have dropped this article from older or current stories, even though it was only posted yesterday. Funny that.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Apple fanbois SCREAM as update BRICKS their Macbook Airs