Google continued its attempts to offer every service imaginable online by purchasing a Spanish photo-sharing website. Panoramio's technology allows user to pin pictures to Google's online maps to show where they were taken. The site boasts more than one million photos and more than 300,000 registered users. The two firms have …
How about English photos...
In my experience of these photos in Google Earth, although they're often good photos, the captions and names are in Spanish - even those in London. I find this a bit annoying, hopefully Google will solve this :)
...the captions and names are added by the person who uploads them.
Perhaps English speaking people don't upload pictures of London?
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones