Google continued its attempts to offer every service imaginable online by purchasing a Spanish photo-sharing website. Panoramio's technology allows user to pin pictures to Google's online maps to show where they were taken. The site boasts more than one million photos and more than 300,000 registered users. The two firms have …
How about English photos...
In my experience of these photos in Google Earth, although they're often good photos, the captions and names are in Spanish - even those in London. I find this a bit annoying, hopefully Google will solve this :)
...the captions and names are added by the person who uploads them.
Perhaps English speaking people don't upload pictures of London?
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call