back to article Computer Associates - has the worm turned?

Computer Associates (CA) have had a pretty miserable time over the past few years. I guess they felt like the underpaid and overworked airport staff at New York's JFK airport as I came through on a flying visit to catch up on their latest news. Having lost a chief executive, chief salesperson, chief financial officer, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not so original

This is not original as its exactly the same message as the also 'newly invented' HP Software (and just about everyone else) are putting out, SOA, XML, Web Services, Anti-silo, Service Portfolio Management etc...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A pig by any other name...

A better analogy is: you can sugar coat a turd but that the end of the day it's still a turd.

I've never worked for CA but have had lots of experience with their enterprise products. For the first decade I used them, they sucked... They've gotten a little better but they're nothing to write home about...

Their support blows, their licensing schemes are overly complex and if you run a wintel shop with a diverse user community, implementing some of their products can be quite disastrous...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Computer Ass. Inc

Having dealt with Computer Ass. for much of my career, I can indeed say that I am among the legions who will never deal voluntarily with them again. I have had the pleasure over the last 7 years to work in shops free of CA "solutions" (among one of the better oxymorons in my IT experience).

Indeed, to a large degree they seem to have shared business pracices with other industry Asses Including RIAA and MPAA. I have enough turds to polish without needing to introduce any more.

This topic is closed for new posts.