The Spanish authorities have binned a plan to drive a 300km motorway south from Toldeo to Cordoba because the highway would have threatened the endangered Iberian lynx, Reuters reports. The planned route would have sliced through several protected areas, including the Sierra Morena mountains, where some of the last 250 to 350 …
I wonder if they've tried relocating any of these fabulous creatures to areas where rabbits are a real nuisance? I've a feeling that parts of Australia fall into this categorym where the climate must be fairly similar to Central Spain.
Even parts of the UK suffer from rabbit overload.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire