OK, I'm going to let you in on some of the secrets of how the internet was built. Kieren McCarthy No? OK. So, let's see: It's about the American legal system and how it can crush innocent...still not interested? How about the growth, and theft, of the pioneering porn site, SEX.COM? Yes, web porn, the inside dope. Ah, thought …
I've read about a third of the book so far and its a very interesting story. Its quite an easy read, and it doesn't get bogged down in the details. Each chapter focuses on a different aspect of the story, so you gradually get a picture of the whole thing, rather than seeing it strictly from the beginning to the end.
You can get it for about £8 including p&p on Amazon, that's where I got it :)
Oh, the Bung
"Disclaimer Kieren McCarthy is a former Register reporter." it glows so brightly as to be cartoonishly radioactive.
It does sound ;like a good read, but that gets lost in the hyperbole used...
Until I saw the disclaimmer, I though the reviewer had cracked
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update