OK, I'm going to let you in on some of the secrets of how the internet was built. Kieren McCarthy No? OK. So, let's see: It's about the American legal system and how it can crush innocent...still not interested? How about the growth, and theft, of the pioneering porn site, SEX.COM? Yes, web porn, the inside dope. Ah, thought …
I've read about a third of the book so far and its a very interesting story. Its quite an easy read, and it doesn't get bogged down in the details. Each chapter focuses on a different aspect of the story, so you gradually get a picture of the whole thing, rather than seeing it strictly from the beginning to the end.
You can get it for about £8 including p&p on Amazon, that's where I got it :)
Oh, the Bung
"Disclaimer Kieren McCarthy is a former Register reporter." it glows so brightly as to be cartoonishly radioactive.
It does sound ;like a good read, but that gets lost in the hyperbole used...
Until I saw the disclaimmer, I though the reviewer had cracked
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why