Feeds

back to article eBay makes another baffling buy

Online auction house eBay has confirmed it has bought StumbleUpon, the website which offers user-created reviews and recommendations of other websites. eBay is paying about $75m for the site which claims 2.3 million regular users. The push behind the deal seems to be that Web 2.0 doozy "community". Michael Buhr, senior …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

So SU will now be poisoned with eBay ads

What this means is that SU users, who up until now have enjoyed being able to get high-quality peer-reviewed sites, will now be bombarded with eBay ads. I have the SU plugin on Firefox and I use it heaps; I've found many interesting sites with it. Now I have AdBlock Plus installed as well, so this might not affect me.

But the minute I cop an eBay ad while Stumbling is the minute I uninstall it from my browser and close my SU account for good.

Law

Bugger

Bugger.... I hate ebay.... and paypal... and skype!! Basically anything they touch becomes a target for hackers and adware crap......

"But the minute I cop an eBay ad while Stumbling is the minute I uninstall it from my browser and close my SU account for good."

.... I agree, but it's a shame because this and Foxmarks are the only 2 tools I install on ALL my machines, can't live without really!!

Les

I can see a pattern here...

Mutter. First Last.FM, now StumbleUpon.

It's obviously buying season....

This topic is closed for new posts.