Telecoms operator Eircom has confirmed it is to seek job cuts before the end of the year. Reports on Wednesday claimed that up to 400 jobs could go at Eircom in the cost-cutting exercise after chief executive Rex Comb told the Irish Times the board was mulling over the prospect. A spokesperson for the company said the board …
Tough on the staff
but it's hard to feel as much sympathy as I should given how Eircom have completely failed to be competitive following privatisation, instead focussing on using the transmission network to hamstring other market entrants.
A perfect example of how NOT to privatise. At least I didn't buy shares.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015