Telecoms operator Eircom has confirmed it is to seek job cuts before the end of the year. Reports on Wednesday claimed that up to 400 jobs could go at Eircom in the cost-cutting exercise after chief executive Rex Comb told the Irish Times the board was mulling over the prospect. A spokesperson for the company said the board …
Tough on the staff
but it's hard to feel as much sympathy as I should given how Eircom have completely failed to be competitive following privatisation, instead focussing on using the transmission network to hamstring other market entrants.
A perfect example of how NOT to privatise. At least I didn't buy shares.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can