Telecoms operator Eircom has confirmed it is to seek job cuts before the end of the year. Reports on Wednesday claimed that up to 400 jobs could go at Eircom in the cost-cutting exercise after chief executive Rex Comb told the Irish Times the board was mulling over the prospect. A spokesperson for the company said the board …
Tough on the staff
but it's hard to feel as much sympathy as I should given how Eircom have completely failed to be competitive following privatisation, instead focussing on using the transmission network to hamstring other market entrants.
A perfect example of how NOT to privatise. At least I didn't buy shares.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen