Toshiba is to start shipping laptops with AMD processors, effectively bringing to an end its exclusive partnership with Intel. The computer giant said it will add AMD microprocessors and graphics chipsets in up to 20 per cent of its Satellite laptop models. It's a move that could bring significant savings for Toshiba which …
Add Toshiba to my list of possible laptops.
Yeah, but no, but...
As a not-so-proud former owner of a Toshiba Satellite 1640 CDT with AMD K6-2 processor, it should (perhaps) be noted this is not the first time Toshiba has gotten into bed with AMD.
Hopefully this goes well for them and they'll bring out an AMD based version of the Portege... I like tiny laptops.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat