Toshiba is to start shipping laptops with AMD processors, effectively bringing to an end its exclusive partnership with Intel. The computer giant said it will add AMD microprocessors and graphics chipsets in up to 20 per cent of its Satellite laptop models. It's a move that could bring significant savings for Toshiba which …
Add Toshiba to my list of possible laptops.
Yeah, but no, but...
As a not-so-proud former owner of a Toshiba Satellite 1640 CDT with AMD K6-2 processor, it should (perhaps) be noted this is not the first time Toshiba has gotten into bed with AMD.
Hopefully this goes well for them and they'll bring out an AMD based version of the Portege... I like tiny laptops.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook