Toshiba is to start shipping laptops with AMD processors, effectively bringing to an end its exclusive partnership with Intel. The computer giant said it will add AMD microprocessors and graphics chipsets in up to 20 per cent of its Satellite laptop models. It's a move that could bring significant savings for Toshiba which …
Add Toshiba to my list of possible laptops.
Yeah, but no, but...
As a not-so-proud former owner of a Toshiba Satellite 1640 CDT with AMD K6-2 processor, it should (perhaps) be noted this is not the first time Toshiba has gotten into bed with AMD.
Hopefully this goes well for them and they'll bring out an AMD based version of the Portege... I like tiny laptops.
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Sysadmins and devs: Do these job descriptions make any sense?