Feeds

back to article Blog your way to the dole queue

Blogging is a risky business which could interfere with your greasy climb up the company ladder, according to a not-so-revelatory study. It found that over a third of employees surveyed had written blog posts about their employers, of which some 39 per cent admitted revealing details that "could be potentially sensitive or …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

The Right to Moan?

I worked for Telewest a few years ago. At the time, they had an alarming corporate nazi thing called 'Living The Brand', the upshot of which was that you could be disciplined if overheard by a superior speaking in public (ie moaning at the pub) about how shit your job was. A few employment tribunals later however, it all went quietly away. Whether saying the same things on the Bad Scary Internets would be looked upon in the same light by said tribunals is debatable however.

Anonymous Coward

FaceBook?

Have you heard that FaceBook has decided to <a href="http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/25/facebook_platform_myspace/">throw its members to the wolves</a>?

Nothing to do with getting sacked for blogging a bad rant, but I just had to mention it.

Anonymous Coward

Anonymous

So blog anonymously. The company may be able to figure out it's them you're bitching about, and may even be able to narrow it down, but they can likely never prove it's you unless you post your name.

See how simple it is. I work with some good people, but there are a few that are a waste of oxygen. And a few that have been walked for incompetence.

This topic is closed for new posts.