HP has added more Cisco networking gear options to its pre-packaged cluster product line. First off, HP's customers can now pick up Cisco's double data rate (DDR) InfiniBand-based Server Fabric Switches (SFS). Many of you will know this Cisco kit as the hardware once sold by start-up Topspin, which Cisco swallowed in 2005. The …
at last ...
Well done HP! ... it's certainly been a long time coming. With new players on the market eating the big players lunch in this space I was wondering when the HP/IBM/Sun/Dell vendors would wake up.
Now if we can see this blended in nicely with an effective management software platform and virtualisation solutions I think we'll really see the shift in the market we've been expecting for so long!
Infiniband is not just for Virtualization
This can make on HELL of an Oracle 10g platform, especially for larger clusters.
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job