HP has added more Cisco networking gear options to its pre-packaged cluster product line. First off, HP's customers can now pick up Cisco's double data rate (DDR) InfiniBand-based Server Fabric Switches (SFS). Many of you will know this Cisco kit as the hardware once sold by start-up Topspin, which Cisco swallowed in 2005. The …
at last ...
Well done HP! ... it's certainly been a long time coming. With new players on the market eating the big players lunch in this space I was wondering when the HP/IBM/Sun/Dell vendors would wake up.
Now if we can see this blended in nicely with an effective management software platform and virtualisation solutions I think we'll really see the shift in the market we've been expecting for so long!
Infiniband is not just for Virtualization
This can make on HELL of an Oracle 10g platform, especially for larger clusters.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide