Almost a month after the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) recommended Sky's purchase of over 19 per cent of ITV be brought to the attention of the Competition Commission, DTI Secretary of State Alistair Darling has done just that. The buy up was an unexpected and audacious move which prevented a much-rumoured takeover of ITV by …
Here we go.....
I wonder how long it will be before we have to sign up to sky to get ITV, which is and should always be free.
How long before all non Cable/Satilite owners cannot get ITV?
Before someone says they have only done that as a commercial interest think about how Sky can bring back the advertising revenue to ITV. You think this will not have a knock on affect?
BTW I would be moaning the same if it was Virgin Media.
See if I care
As a Virgin Media customer, I couldn't care less if Sky bought out ITV and made it Sky exclusive. I haven't missed Sky One/News/etc one bit and I won't miss ITV if it goes.
Well I don't care...
I don't care at all.
Why should I?
ITV never have anything on that I want to watch, and so I never ever watch it.
Come to think of it, most television is rubbish these days, and always was.
They wonder why more people are using the internet - well it is (in my opinion) because you get a wider variety of rubbish in more formats and more control of it - for now at least.
Oh - and the television license is something I would gladly see the back of as well.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE