The son of Labour MP Mohammed Sarwar has been convicted of an £850,000 money laundering scam involving imported mobile phones. The Glasgow High Court heard that Athif Sarwar, 28 of Lynebank Place, Mearnskirk had handled thousands of pounds of money described as "criminal property", the BBC reports. Sarwar was found guilty of …
LABOUR MP's son!!....What else!
Like father, like son. 10 years ago it was Tory MP's that were always mired in sleaze, but this Labour government are a sight worse!
No doubt learned his 'self serving' skills from his father and most other Labour MP's.
Ignore the party...
Its not a party thing - it seems to be politicians in general...
Ok, so the son admitted he was guilty but the dad is going to contest this?
How does that make sense? Surely if the son was innocent, he should plead innocent?
re : Karl
If you think the current government is worse than the previous one for scandals, you clearly have a very short memory or aren't old enough to remember it.
Also, this is his son, not the MP himself. With the Tories, it was the MPs themselves (Jonathan Aitken, Jeffrey Archer, Neil Hamilton - to name but a few).
Perhaps if *your* son commits a crime you think that everybody should regard you as corrupt too?
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…