Capitalizing on the spate of embarrassing data breaches over the past year, Cisco Systems and RSA/EMC are working together to make it easier for organizations to encrypt confidential information by integrating technologies that currently sold separately. The companies will combine Cisco's Storage Media Encryption, which …
Sounds like a competitor to Decru in the works, EMC is obviously not happy that NetApp owns the main provider of Storage Encryption, so feels like it has to turn it's own.
Have to say that Decru has the first mover advantage here but you cant deny the fact that EMC and Cisco are both pretty heavyweight, I'll be interested to look at this technology when the Disk encryption version appears later, as I've previously done work involving Decru's encrypting SAN attached disk and they work pretty well as an Appliance solution.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.