Capitalizing on the spate of embarrassing data breaches over the past year, Cisco Systems and RSA/EMC are working together to make it easier for organizations to encrypt confidential information by integrating technologies that currently sold separately. The companies will combine Cisco's Storage Media Encryption, which …
Sounds like a competitor to Decru in the works, EMC is obviously not happy that NetApp owns the main provider of Storage Encryption, so feels like it has to turn it's own.
Have to say that Decru has the first mover advantage here but you cant deny the fact that EMC and Cisco are both pretty heavyweight, I'll be interested to look at this technology when the Disk encryption version appears later, as I've previously done work involving Decru's encrypting SAN attached disk and they work pretty well as an Appliance solution.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...