IBM has announced it is redirecting $1bn per year across its businesses to increase the energy efficiency of IT operations. Called Project Big Green, IBM's initiative targets corporate data centres where energy constraints and costs can limit their ability to grow. The initiative includes a new global green team of 850+ energy …
And another option
If the liquid heated by the datacentre is being used efficiently it could be used either to heat water for the building and help provide overall heat in winter or even to supply microgeneration of electricity further reducing costs.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs