IBM has announced it is redirecting $1bn per year across its businesses to increase the energy efficiency of IT operations. Called Project Big Green, IBM's initiative targets corporate data centres where energy constraints and costs can limit their ability to grow. The initiative includes a new global green team of 850+ energy …
And another option
If the liquid heated by the datacentre is being used efficiently it could be used either to heat water for the building and help provide overall heat in winter or even to supply microgeneration of electricity further reducing costs.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE