Apple will update its iMac desktop family late next month, it has been claimed - and that the move that will see the 17in model dropped from the line up. Apple currently offers four standard iMac models: two 17in machines, a 20in version and a fourth, with a 24in display. According to a ThinkSecret report, only the 20in and …
Correction, all 3 sreens are 16:10 widescreen
>all three models feature a cinematic 16:10 wide aspect ratio...
Er,all the current iMacs already have widescreen - specifically 16:10 aspect ratio - displays. See
for details. Which is not to say that updates (LED backlights perhaps?) wouldn't be appropriate.
Yes, the iMacs do all come with widescreen displays. Blame an early morning, pre-caffeine mis-reading of Apple's iMac Tech Specs page.
My iMac update wish
I've just been looking at the intel iMac I have in my QA test pool, and it occurs to me that it is still a fantastic ergonomic design until, that is, you need to reach around the back to find a free USB or FireWire socket.
My update wish would be for the whole socketed area at the back to pop-out in a single block with a short multicore cable so that I can leave it next to the keyboard if need be. That would be real progress!
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of vast BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan