back to article Apple to revamp iMac line next month?

Apple will update its iMac desktop family late next month, it has been claimed - and that the move that will see the 17in model dropped from the line up. Apple currently offers four standard iMac models: two 17in machines, a 20in version and a fourth, with a 24in display. According to a ThinkSecret report, only the 20in and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andrew Harrison

Correction, all 3 sreens are 16:10 widescreen

From www.apple.com/imac

>all three models feature a cinematic 16:10 wide aspect ratio...

2. Ian Collier

All widescreen

Er,all the current iMacs already have widescreen - specifically 16:10 aspect ratio - displays. See

http://www.apple.com/uk/imac/graphics.html

for details. Which is not to say that updates (LED backlights perhaps?) wouldn't be appropriate.

3. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

Re. widescreen

Mea culpa.

Yes, the iMacs do all come with widescreen displays. Blame an early morning, pre-caffeine mis-reading of Apple's iMac Tech Specs page.

Tony

4. Rob

My iMac update wish

I've just been looking at the intel iMac I have in my QA test pool, and it occurs to me that it is still a fantastic ergonomic design until, that is, you need to reach around the back to find a free USB or FireWire socket.

My update wish would be for the whole socketed area at the back to pop-out in a single block with a short multicore cable so that I can leave it next to the keyboard if need be. That would be real progress!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like