Load balancing specialist Zeus Technology has ported its ZXTM traffic manager to Windows - by the simple expedient of wrapping its Linux software up as a Microsoft Virtual Server package. The wrapped app also includes management tools that make it look just like native Windows software, said Zeus product manager Owen Garrett. …
A virtual applicance - who would have thunk it.
W00t! We've just confirmed that MS is a year behind the technology/conceptual curve yet again.
Virtual Appliances aren't a new concept, although hosting one on a MS box might be.
Here's the link to the more than 300+ applicances that are available today from the folks that treat virtualization as part of an overall strategy as opposed to an add-on.
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat