Load balancing specialist Zeus Technology has ported its ZXTM traffic manager to Windows - by the simple expedient of wrapping its Linux software up as a Microsoft Virtual Server package. The wrapped app also includes management tools that make it look just like native Windows software, said Zeus product manager Owen Garrett. …
A virtual applicance - who would have thunk it.
W00t! We've just confirmed that MS is a year behind the technology/conceptual curve yet again.
Virtual Appliances aren't a new concept, although hosting one on a MS box might be.
Here's the link to the more than 300+ applicances that are available today from the folks that treat virtualization as part of an overall strategy as opposed to an add-on.
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- British LulzSec hackers hear jail doors slam shut for years