Larry Ellison's ambitions to lift the America's Cup have sunk beneath the Med after his BMW Oracle Racing Team went down 5-1 to Italian sail worriers Luna Rossa Challenge in the waters off Valencia, InfoWorld reports. BMW Oracle were soundly beaten in the best-of-nine semis of the Louis Vuitton Cup, despite the on-board …
For the first time in a long time, I'm not watching/recording the America's Cup. The half billion dollar Toyota effort is more interesting, and they're dead dull.
I work for Oracle and I was getting sick and tired of all the corporate spam we've been getting for the last month: Go and get your free Oracle-BMW Wristband (and buy loads of other overpriced trash while you're at it) and own a piece of America's Cup history, etc., etc.
I hope the damned thing sinks with all hands.
I seem to recall
I seem to recall the New York Yacht Club were not adverse to changing the rules mid event and/or creating a unique non standard yacht throughout the years they controlled the event , when it became apparent they were likely to lose the cup , until blackballed into international rules or else ultimatum!
Hmm, I wonder if some of the crew are related to yankee sailors of the 1812 to 1815 era , it could explain their poor performance!
But then again , tell it to some who cares!
Larry sails again ???
I thought Larry swore NEVER to sail again after his near-death experience in the Sidney-Hobart race !! I think he even got rid of the Sayonara, his treasured yacht, and bought a Russian jet fighter instead.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...