AMD's upcoming M780 laptop chipset - designed to be paired with the company's next-gen mobile processor, 'Griffin' - will allow the system to flip between integrated and discrete graphics engines on the fly, the chip maker has revealed. The M780 is a mobile version of the RS780 desktop chipset, details of which leaked out onto …
Wouldn't it be nicer...
if they made a gpu with scalable clock speeds and shader units that can be turned on and off as needed? That could save power even in desktop systems and cost much less because people would only have to pay for one gpu.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes