back to article Microsoft pushes for SaaS

Microsoft is pulling out as many stops as it can to position itself as a leading contender in the burgeoning Software as a Service (SaaS) marketplace, not least with events such as the latest Architects Forum held this week in its Reading fastness. The Small to Medium-sized Business (SMB) sector is very much in the company's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul Kinlan

BT... Rubbish

I was at this conference. I am surprised you didn't mention the other vendors at this meeting who had far more interseting things to say. BT, especisally Black were by far the worst presentation at this day. BT's presensce felt like a badly executed marketing stunt, I really didn't see the point of the market place, and I would have loved them to talk more about the connected services framework (which was only mentioned in passing) rather than advertising their terrible sites.

As for multi-tencancy database nevana, Microsoft are far behind Oracle with regards to Row-Level security that is required in this type of model. I asked the question at the panel, and Microsoft had no idea that their competition were this far ahead.

There was also no answer to a question about competing with the like of Amazon EC2.

This topic is closed for new posts.