EqualLogic is the latest storage vendor to adopt thin provisioning, but unlike HDS which offers it on high-end Fibre Channel storage, EqualLogic is adding it to its midrange PS-series iSCSI arrays. The company said as well as including thin provisioning in new arrays at no extra cost, it will also be available to existing …
NetApp has offered this for some time now
NetApp filers (and their low-cost StoreVault line) have offered this for over a year now with their FlexVol feature introduced in ONTAP 7G around the end of 2005.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great