Scottish police officers are not best pleased with their new "uncomfortable" and "ill-fitting" crime-busting trousers, The Scotsman reports. The offending "cargo-style" strides have been deployed across Caledonia as part of a "multi-million pound deal...signed with a Leicestershire company to supply around 30,000 pairs of …
Belt and Braces
If this was the military, the obvious solution (from their end anyway), would be a five thousand pound pair of braces to keep them up. God knows what the police will use. String, possibly?
30,000 pairs of trousers?
Multi-million pound deal?. Assume it's only £5 million, and that's (tapitty tap) £166.67 a pair.
Cheap at half the price. Or possibly not.
What are they doing in trousers anyway? Surely the tourism industry would benefit enormously from issuing them with kilts instead...
Two possible reasons for this.
One, it might be a half-assed (geddit) attempt to help the police integrate with yoof culture by wearing trousers with the crutch at knee level.
Two, it might be sabotage by a foreign power, as exposed by the Goon Show on the last day of the 1950s.
That particular attack involved shirts; details at http://www.thegoonshow.net/scripts_show.asp?title=s10e02_tales_of_mens_shirts
Inerestingly, the shirts were also made in Leicestershire.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone reveals humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.