Feeds

back to article Pipex to shutter UK Bulldog call centres

Struggling ISP Pipex is closing UK call centres serving subscribers to Bulldog, the broadband provider it bought from Cable and Wireless last year. Staff at Bulldog's UK outsourcers were told last week their services will no longer be needed in 90 days' time. Last month, we revealed that Pipex would be cutting back its in-house …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Bollocks

The 'sale of pipex' hasn't 'failed' - that was press speculation. They are conducting a 'strategic review' which could include a sale of all or part of the business, which is ongoing, 'going well' according to the company, and due to conclude in the early summer. And as far as I'm aware they do this kind of review once a year.

Silver badge

Let Nildram run 'em

Pipex could do a lot worse than build on the call centre of Nildram (another of their subsidiaries). I don't get many problems with my Nildram ADSL service, but when I do their call centre is a model of efficiency (and staffed in the UK too).

No relation to Nildram except as a satisfied customer!

only now?

As far as i have know, only Sales for Bulldog have ever been uk based. Every call i have made to them seems to be trasfured somewhere else in the world. Quite often it has been Malta - and there is an awful delayed echo on the line (not something u'd expect from a TELECOMUNICATIONS company!).

I'm not going to go into full details here, but Bulldog are crap. the agents on the phones know nothing and just constantly repeat the same things not actually listening to the customer.

Also their refunds department don't even know which cards they accept!!! I had my Solo card details taken 4 times (over a period of over 3 months) before they told me that they couldnt take them!

Anonymous Coward

Bulldog Service

Bulldog are awful and threatened to send the bailiffs round even though they were still billing me 4 months after an agreed termination date.

They owe me money - I'm sure I will never see it

Anonymous Coward

Support

Some support is in the UK and some is abroad from what I gather. My brother is one of the people being moved to a different call centre due to Bulldog moving support. I know he used to take 1st line support calls, and use to speak to maybe 2nd and 3rd line support in other countries.

Bulldogs call centre is ran by Garlands in Hartlepool in the North East. Garlands look after call centres for Vodafone and other companies, so it looks like most staff will be moved to other Garlands clients.

Pipex really needs to sort itself out. I know they own 123reg.co.uk, and I've used it's support, and after 5 weeks I've still not received any response from 123reg support, seems to have gone downhill since Pipex took over.

Good riddance

Bulldog: Bad Dog! Bad!

Here's hoping they drag down Pipex with them.

( I cancelled my account last October within the rules, and service was immediately discontinued, but despite 20+ phone calls to the BOARD OF DIRECTORS of Pipex, I am STILL getting bills every month! They agree the bills are wrong, but don't know how to stop the bills going out! )

Nothing changes

Pipex has been for sale officially and unofficially for at least four years. The infrastructure is shoddy, the management more than a little cliquey, and have only been buying up other companies to buy time and make their bottom line look good to potential buyers. I'm glad I stopped working for them - in fact working for them put me off working for corporations for life.

Anonymous Coward

How I stopped them billing me

Like William Donelson and the unnamed poster above, I was continually billed by bulldog for £0.00 for 5 months after I cancelled, despite repeated attempts to get them to stop I was never able to get them to do so because allegedly no one at buldog knew why the bills were coming out (!).

I stopped them by saying that if I received one more bill from them I would be lodging a complaint with my local police force for harrassment and would also report them to Ofcom and the ISPA, I didn't hold out much hope and assumed that my bluff would be called, but no bill this month (so far!)

Bulldog are THE most incompetant ISP in the UK in my experience and that's one hell of an achievement give the piss poor standards in this country!

This topic is closed for new posts.