back to article Amazon.com snaps up Dpreview.com

Ecommerce behemoth Amazon.com went shopping itself on Monday with the acquisition of UK-based digital photography review site dpreview.com for an undisclosed amount. Dpreview.com, founded in 1998 by Phil Askey, offers unbiased, technical reviews of digital cameras and accessories alongside discussion forums, buyers' guides, a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No!

Phil: NO NO NO! Oh... bummer. I understand, but I am sad to see a truly independent voice get behemothized. I guess if you had to go, you had to go. I wish you the best - and THANK YOU for the excellent work you have done on dpreview.com - you helped many of us understand what we were really after, and seperated teh wheat from the marketing chuff. From across the pond - cheers!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

improve existing features on the site, such as its discussion forums.

The place to be if you want blazing arguments about anything at all remotely photography related (or otherwise).

It's one forum where just about anything you post will have polar opposite views every time with very passionate heated opinions (though usually it boils down to Canon vs Nikon at the core of it).

I expect there's a heated debate about the Amazon purchase as I type.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like