Buccaneering BitTorrent source The Pirate Bay has been hacked and a copy of its user database stolen, the site admitted. The Swedish outfit copped to the data breach in its blog, which ironically was the site of the vulnerability. It said: They have got a copy of the user database. That is, your username and passwords. But, …
It is so a big deal...
...because inevitably, there will be weak passwords - same as the user name, or single dictionary word (perhaps with a trailing digit) - and John The Ripper will have those cracked sometime in the next couple of days.
Big deal but ...
There's not much good pr0n there these days anyway.
I've changed my bank / email / paypal / reg passwords now just in case, and I've reinforced my tinfoil hat.
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more