Buccaneering BitTorrent source The Pirate Bay has been hacked and a copy of its user database stolen, the site admitted. The Swedish outfit copped to the data breach in its blog, which ironically was the site of the vulnerability. It said: They have got a copy of the user database. That is, your username and passwords. But, …
It is so a big deal...
...because inevitably, there will be weak passwords - same as the user name, or single dictionary word (perhaps with a trailing digit) - and John The Ripper will have those cracked sometime in the next couple of days.
Big deal but ...
There's not much good pr0n there these days anyway.
I've changed my bank / email / paypal / reg passwords now just in case, and I've reinforced my tinfoil hat.
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops