Buccaneering BitTorrent source The Pirate Bay has been hacked and a copy of its user database stolen, the site admitted. The Swedish outfit copped to the data breach in its blog, which ironically was the site of the vulnerability. It said: They have got a copy of the user database. That is, your username and passwords. But, …
It is so a big deal...
...because inevitably, there will be weak passwords - same as the user name, or single dictionary word (perhaps with a trailing digit) - and John The Ripper will have those cracked sometime in the next couple of days.
Big deal but ...
There's not much good pr0n there these days anyway.
I've changed my bank / email / paypal / reg passwords now just in case, and I've reinforced my tinfoil hat.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK