Buccaneering BitTorrent source The Pirate Bay has been hacked and a copy of its user database stolen, the site admitted. The Swedish outfit copped to the data breach in its blog, which ironically was the site of the vulnerability. It said: They have got a copy of the user database. That is, your username and passwords. But, …
It is so a big deal...
...because inevitably, there will be weak passwords - same as the user name, or single dictionary word (perhaps with a trailing digit) - and John The Ripper will have those cracked sometime in the next couple of days.
Big deal but ...
There's not much good pr0n there these days anyway.
I've changed my bank / email / paypal / reg passwords now just in case, and I've reinforced my tinfoil hat.
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK
- Analysis PEAK LANDFILL: Why tablet gloom is good news for Windows users