Buccaneering BitTorrent source The Pirate Bay has been hacked and a copy of its user database stolen, the site admitted. The Swedish outfit copped to the data breach in its blog, which ironically was the site of the vulnerability. It said: They have got a copy of the user database. That is, your username and passwords. But, …
It is so a big deal...
...because inevitably, there will be weak passwords - same as the user name, or single dictionary word (perhaps with a trailing digit) - and John The Ripper will have those cracked sometime in the next couple of days.
Big deal but ...
There's not much good pr0n there these days anyway.
I've changed my bank / email / paypal / reg passwords now just in case, and I've reinforced my tinfoil hat.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- VMware reveals 27-patch Heartbleed fix plan