BT will reclaim the lead in the broadband race from Virgin Media when it announces quarterly results this week, according to reports. The Sunday Telegraph said BT will reveal it has netted 200,000 new punters in the last three months, bringing its total subscriber base to 3.6 million. Last week, Virgin said it had added a more …
Cable Needs A Firm Kick Up The Ass...
This is just another example that cable are going about everything wrong since NTL became the biggest provider in the country then re-branded to Virgin Media!!
With increased, rip off prices, inadequate services, uncompetitive telephone and now throttled broadband not to mention to problems plagued with the TV software cable really need to invest and they need to do it NOW. not next month, not next year but NOW...
A company cant hike prices as high as they have without first sorting out the many problems such as billing, customer service (outsourced centre), and capacity issues on the network - Look at british gas they had to reduce prices twice because of the many issues they have had with billing and customer care just to stay a float!!!!!
Confused by maths
I am still trying to work out how BT can regain the lead when you look at the figures in the article.
BT have added 200,000 customers to make their total 3,600,000. That means that they had 3,400,00 customers prior to last quarter.
Virgin Media added 97,600 customers to make their total 3,400,00. That means that they had 3,302,400 customers prior to last quarter.
Those figures suggest to me that BT already had more broadband customers than Virgin Media.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Google+ GOING, GOING ... ? Newbie Gmailers no longer forced into mandatory ID slurp