Pity reader Rafael Santos, who came home from work, started up his Compaq nc8430 only to find it refusing to start up because the on-board thermal sensor was registering an internal temperature of 5155°C. To put that into context, the surface of the Sun is, at 5526°C just 371°C hotter than Rafael's laptop. It's not far off the …
So finally I have seen something that runs hotter than my Macbook Pro!
It really is Fedora *Core*
Perhaps this is an underhand tactic by the Fedora Core developers to get their computers truly at *core* temperatures!
Having installed Feisty on my HP ze2028 I now have 68 hours of use out of my battery, according to the monitor. Just goes to prove how inefficient Windows is, only 3 hours!
I want this Hardware!
Hardware that still starts up at 5155C? I want this one! Is better than a Terminator and normal Chips would have been fried already. Is this another Alien Technology conspiracy?
It would cost to much to go there and have a BBQ
Too high ambient temperature?
I thought global warming would be least felt in the tropics, but I guess I read that in a Bush administration-twisted document.
More like Red Hot... ;)
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...