Google UK is threatening to sue Dutch cybersquatter who has used the name Google cunningly in several domains, including Googledatingsite.nl, Googleonlineshop.com, Googlecommunity.nl and Googlestore.nl. Marcel van der Werf ran these sites from the UK. "To my knowledge a brand is related to a product, not to the alphabet," Van …
Sounds like Google have a case
Obvious case of cyber-squatting here, though i bloody well doubt those numbers: "claims more than one million members who paid €100 each for the service"
Who on earth would pay 100 euros for a dating site subscription?!? And wouldn't that mean he had earned 100 million euros so could face off googles attack dogs and not have to move.
My bullshit detector is off the charts.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market