Google UK is threatening to sue Dutch cybersquatter who has used the name Google cunningly in several domains, including Googledatingsite.nl, Googleonlineshop.com, Googlecommunity.nl and Googlestore.nl. Marcel van der Werf ran these sites from the UK. "To my knowledge a brand is related to a product, not to the alphabet," Van …
Sounds like Google have a case
Obvious case of cyber-squatting here, though i bloody well doubt those numbers: "claims more than one million members who paid €100 each for the service"
Who on earth would pay 100 euros for a dating site subscription?!? And wouldn't that mean he had earned 100 million euros so could face off googles attack dogs and not have to move.
My bullshit detector is off the charts.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth