The Indian government has set up a task force to create a database of yoga techniques in order to stop others from patenting the poses. The US Patent Office has granted 150 yoga-related copyrights and 2,315 yoga trademarks. The Indian government is getting old Sanskrit and Tamil texts translated and is also cataloguing …
Who cares about prior art? – there is a huge archive of patents from Soviet Union – examples include Light Emitting Diodes patented in the twenties, to all sorts of technologies “invented” and patented 50 years later in the US and the EU.
Obviously the patent office could not be expected to study archives of every single country, especially previously closed Moscow archives, however, there should be a simple online appeal possess to invalidate issued patents based on reputable evidence of prior art that would not involve a team of expensive lawyers. Shame that this will never happen, as it would “harm the commercial interests of taxpaying companies”
US prior art...
US patent rules only care for US prior art. If prior art exists anywhere else in the world, then it doesn't count.
within a radius of 5 miles from my flat in Vilnius there are probably about 50 gajillion LPs recorded by soviet musicians that are total ripoffs of western popular music. Swap them for an LED patent? :)
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it