Marks & Spencer has become the latest large organisation embroiled in an identity theft-related security flap. A laptop containing salary details, addresses, dates of birth, national insurance and phone numbers of some 26,000 employees has been stolen from a printing firm, which was tasked with the job of writing to workers …
M&S Data loss
This is not just data loss.
This is M&S data loss...
Not Just Any Laptop...
...but the finest hand reared laptop stuffed with top quality employee data and plump seasoned olives
Security was total pants then?
I'll get my coat.
Security doesn't stop ...
... at the firewall. There needs to be (at a minimum) contractual arrangements covering any personal or confidential data handed over to third party organizations. Requiring such third parties to be ISO 27001 registered wouldn't be a bad idea, either.
By the love of St Michael!
Laptop Pur una?
It's all Secure Computings fault!!
It must be like Manager of the Month in football, you always get stuffed in the next game.
Amanda Finch (M&S), was voted Computer Security Officer of the year at the Secure Computing Awards 2007 (sponsored by Deloitte)
- iPad = i FAD! NOW we know why Apple went running to IBM
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball