The UK's Premier League is suing YouTube for showing clips of football matches. The soccer body has filed for "a copyright infringement class action" to stop YouTube showing its clips and those of other rights holders. Music publisher Bourne and Co is joining the case, which has been filed in New York. For anyone else keen to …
Hows the Coup doing? Badly?
Coup not going so well? Need a distraction? Hey lets sue YouTube for hosting material that insults the King, even though nobody in Thailand can possibly see it since we've blocked it, and it'll piss off every western country in the world and turn them against us!
Yeh, that'll work, and if it doesn't, we'll accuse anyone who complains of not being loyal to the King and lock them up for 10 years.
Another fine decision by the coup plotters. After they fixed the insurgency, fixed the rising stock market, and united the country they're cleaning up the finer details.
If they want to protect their IP...
Then they should do a deal with every country, so they can provide a 24/7 dedicated TV channel to show the premier league.
If everyone has access to view ALL of the games on TV, then noone will bother uploading short, blurry, grainy clips to YouTube now, would they?
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it