back to article Yahoo! launches! mobile! search!

Last week Yahoo!'s new mobile search, oneSearch, was launched, promising a "...unique and revolutionary mobile internet search facility". It's not easy to see how presenting a list of internet sites can be made unique and revolutionary, but Yahoo! has made the attempt, with some success. One of features promised back in March …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Mixed Bag

Pictures are nice, maps are better. I for one use my PDA phone's internet ability to get me to a place in a pinch... provided I have a place to park the car for a bit so the download finishes. One thing of note with google's wap based search is that it streamlines other people's content so that it will work with your phone. Anyone try to hit Wiki using a Treo 650 directly? Can't read it at all. Go through google's search 1st and it becomes readable-granted it's still wiki and only marginally accurate but still easier to find info on obscure subject matter when needed to argue back at the missus. OneSearch does make it simple but does no conversion of pages. I have both in my bookmarks just in case.

Silver badge

Comment!

Don't! You! Think! That! The! Joke! Of! Putting! An! Exclamation! Mark! After! Every! Word! In! The! Title! Of! A! Yahoo Story! Is! Wearing! A! Bit! Thin! Now!?

Anonymous Coward

WHAT exclamation points?

how long did that comment take? heh

Anonymous Coward

Google

http://www.google.com/m - Google had images in search results on their beta mobile site the other week, just checked now and they have gone. Also they now put 2 ads at the bottom where last week they were split at either ends of the page. Bet that CP is kicking themselves for bidding for top slot and now finds them right at the bottom.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums