Feeds

back to article RFID mirror automatically insults your fashion sense

Not content with tracking our children and getting under the skin of cattle; RFID readers are now being embedded in mirrors so the changing room can insult your selection of outfits as you try them on. Being demonstrated by the Paxar Corporation at the Material World show in Miami Beach, the magicmirror is intended to read the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Eventually

It'd be neat if they had LCD mirrors that could superimpose the accessories in 3D. Its possible. Hell I might work on that in uni if I cared about fashion beyond black tshirts and jeans.

Anonymous Coward

Well I guess these marketing folk are always right. I must be unique in believing that confronted with a mirror telling me what I might want to buy, I'd leave and take my custom elsewhere.

Style-O-Meter

Perhaps it could present a series of bar graphs indicating which 'style' you most closely fit into with those clothes.

'With this get-up I'm 74.6% chav but if I change the top it'll be 12.5%' Of course, with dumbing-down as it is today it would have to forgo the graphs in favour of representing the information as 'Well Chav', 'Mingin' etc.

Silver badge

How long before...

Disney starts suing for copyright breach?

Mirror Mirror on the Wall...

(Yes, I know they didn't originate the idea, but when did *that* ever stop someone suing?!)

Re: ▪

Surely you'd think it was pretty interesting, ignore it, and go back to your own staunchly individual world?

Silver badge

Too Bad

Somehow I knew this day would come. People have begun taking advice from inanimate objects. The next thing you know they will be taking orders. Oh well...

If it's come to this, I demand a mirror that will tell me I look too hung over to go to work.

What a world...

Can you imagine if someone who died back in the 70s came back to life now and saw all the technological crap we surround ourselves with now? They wouldn't know what's going on. Now imagine how bad it would be if someone from the 1770's came back....

The dressing rooms in shops already give me the creeps... Imagine having the freaking mirror start talking to you...

Silver badge

Might actually be useful

Given how badly I see people dressed every day, it might just be a good thing for these walking fashion horrors (some of which certainly follow fashion a bit too closely) to have some guidance in some cases.

I dream of a mirror screaming like a pig when some bloated tub tries on that midriff-baring apple-green tank top and a beige miniskirt. With black, thigh-level cowboy boots.

Come to think of it, I think such equipment should be mandatory for upcoming and on-their-way-out pop stars. Eh, Britney ?

This topic is closed for new posts.