Mirapoint has developed what it says is the first secure email gateway with a built-in directory and policy engine. According to the company, this increases security and lightens the load on the gateway because it no longer has to query the corporate directory server through the firewall for every incoming message. The …
Hardly an overhead
Hitting the AD for such information is hardly an overhead. If it is, they either have an elderly infrastructure or need to look at tackling spam off their network, rather than on this box once it's already within it.
This is new?
The email systems from OpenWave (previously Software.com) have been able to use local LDAP directory cache servers for almost a decade now. I'm not convinced Mirapoint have come up with anything new.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?