Mirapoint has developed what it says is the first secure email gateway with a built-in directory and policy engine. According to the company, this increases security and lightens the load on the gateway because it no longer has to query the corporate directory server through the firewall for every incoming message. The …
Hardly an overhead
Hitting the AD for such information is hardly an overhead. If it is, they either have an elderly infrastructure or need to look at tackling spam off their network, rather than on this box once it's already within it.
This is new?
The email systems from OpenWave (previously Software.com) have been able to use local LDAP directory cache servers for almost a decade now. I'm not convinced Mirapoint have come up with anything new.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...