Mirapoint has developed what it says is the first secure email gateway with a built-in directory and policy engine. According to the company, this increases security and lightens the load on the gateway because it no longer has to query the corporate directory server through the firewall for every incoming message. The …
Hardly an overhead
Hitting the AD for such information is hardly an overhead. If it is, they either have an elderly infrastructure or need to look at tackling spam off their network, rather than on this box once it's already within it.
This is new?
The email systems from OpenWave (previously Software.com) have been able to use local LDAP directory cache servers for almost a decade now. I'm not convinced Mirapoint have come up with anything new.
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- 46% of iThings slurp iOS 8: What part of this batt-draining update didn't you like?