Google confirmed the deaths of more penguins this week by admitting to a mega data center in Oklahoma. The ad broker will build a $600m server plant at MidAmerica Industrial Park in Pryor, Oklahoma. A grand total of 200 workers will enjoy the Okie version of the Google lifestyle and earn $48,000 on average. So, when Google …
I'll hazard an educated guess here. Project Indiana is Ian Murdock's plan to help Linux developers feel more at home in the Solaris userland, by making the userland more Linuxy. This probably entails a revamp (or at least augmentation) of Solaris's packaging systems with something like Aptitude, followed by meta-packages for things like getting a complete GNU userland. Knowing Sun, however, there will likely be some extra sauce to make it ten times more exciting than that.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK