Google confirmed the deaths of more penguins this week by admitting to a mega data center in Oklahoma. The ad broker will build a $600m server plant at MidAmerica Industrial Park in Pryor, Oklahoma. A grand total of 200 workers will enjoy the Okie version of the Google lifestyle and earn $48,000 on average. So, when Google …
I'll hazard an educated guess here. Project Indiana is Ian Murdock's plan to help Linux developers feel more at home in the Solaris userland, by making the userland more Linuxy. This probably entails a revamp (or at least augmentation) of Solaris's packaging systems with something like Aptitude, followed by meta-packages for things like getting a complete GNU userland. Knowing Sun, however, there will likely be some extra sauce to make it ten times more exciting than that.
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE