Sun Microsystems has put more pressure on itself to make two rather large bets pay off. The company this week bragged about booting Solaris on its Rock processor for the first time. It also hyped up the overseas expansion of network.com - Sun's pay-per-use computing and storage service. On the Rock front, WYSIWYG. The company …
It's all about name recognition
Everybody's heard of Amazon. Only us geeks (and McLaren fans) have heard of Sun. And Sun was a little late to market.
done the math..... 18 > 13
sun will need to perform a miracle.
there is no 18 months left between now and let's say July-September 2008. And Murphy's Law is still in force......
if the rumor is now December 08, I know by Sun's track-record when the kit will arrive.....
anyway, that makes the Fujitsu/Siemens sparc64 / VI based boxes a sensible option.
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp
- The long war on 'DRAM price fixing' is over: Claim YOUR spoils now (It's worth a few beers)
- Dell thuds down low-cost lap workstation for
cheapfrugal creatives or engineers