Bull continues to flirt with the high performance computing crowd via thin, 1U systems. The French computer maker this week rolled out the NovaScale R422. Customers can pack a pair of these crafty systems into just 1U of rack space. HPC types looking to cram as much computing power in as little space as possible will enjoy the …
"Stack a rack full of the systems, and you can hit 5.4 Tflops of peak performance."
More likely: stack a rack full of the systems, and watch it melt...
Ahh but any cost savings can be used to hire imigrants to wave fans at your racks, thus reducing the carbon foorprint by not having to have as many A/C units, boosting the econemy, and giving these guys a foot in to IT without first having to annoy me with poor language skills when calling up the Service Desk, they can tumb through the Manuals to help ease the boredom and teach themselves Technical english, tis a win win situation all round i feel
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe