back to article Tesco teams up with MyThings to 'trace' your valuables

Tesco has teamed up with global item registry MyThings to allow customers of its online Tesco Direct shop to keep track of their valuables online. The Tesco Direct store sells everything from electronic goods to home furnishings, while MyThings helps users protect their valuables. Under the deal, shoppers who buy through the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Steal My Things

Can't wait for this db to get leaked onto the net, will make it so much easier for the burglars, all they need to do is park up out front in a "tesco's" van, and unload your house from a pick list.

Fantastic!

I'm going to alphabetically list all my valuable underpants and assorted shiny pebbles right now! Thank God for Web 2.0.

Completely anonymous - Cool Service

Apparently, there are no personal details on that service. It is completely anonymous. So, even in the unlikely event of a "leakage" there is no connection between the items in your portfolio and you. I find this service very compelling.

There's already www.immobilise.com

...as recommended by our local boys in blue, in newsletter and the ECOPS mailing lists. Wonder why Tesco's is making a different one?

MyThings service

No security issue as you don't need to give any personal details on the site so it's all anonymous

Anonymous Coward

there's no private info on the website - it's all anonymous

there's no private info on the website - it's all anonymous

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums