Symantec closed fiscal 2007 with fourth quarter profit plummeting 49 per cent from the period a year earlier, but beating analyst expectations with a five per cent increase in revenue. The company posted net income of $60.9m in the quarter which ended in March, compared with $119m last year. Major increases in restructuring …
I'm surprised their revenues have gone up, though I imagine it's more to do with exchange rates than demand for their software.
Who in their right mind uses Symantec products? You constantly have to re-active the AV to download definitions, their firewall is shit, and I resent my boot time going up by 3-5 minutes the moment I install their AV suite.
All they seem good at anymore is destroying the [decent] products of companies that they assimilate.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA