Symantec closed fiscal 2007 with fourth quarter profit plummeting 49 per cent from the period a year earlier, but beating analyst expectations with a five per cent increase in revenue. The company posted net income of $60.9m in the quarter which ended in March, compared with $119m last year. Major increases in restructuring …
I'm surprised their revenues have gone up, though I imagine it's more to do with exchange rates than demand for their software.
Who in their right mind uses Symantec products? You constantly have to re-active the AV to download definitions, their firewall is shit, and I resent my boot time going up by 3-5 minutes the moment I install their AV suite.
All they seem good at anymore is destroying the [decent] products of companies that they assimilate.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire