Symantec closed fiscal 2007 with fourth quarter profit plummeting 49 per cent from the period a year earlier, but beating analyst expectations with a five per cent increase in revenue. The company posted net income of $60.9m in the quarter which ended in March, compared with $119m last year. Major increases in restructuring …
I'm surprised their revenues have gone up, though I imagine it's more to do with exchange rates than demand for their software.
Who in their right mind uses Symantec products? You constantly have to re-active the AV to download definitions, their firewall is shit, and I resent my boot time going up by 3-5 minutes the moment I install their AV suite.
All they seem good at anymore is destroying the [decent] products of companies that they assimilate.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?