Symantec closed fiscal 2007 with fourth quarter profit plummeting 49 per cent from the period a year earlier, but beating analyst expectations with a five per cent increase in revenue. The company posted net income of $60.9m in the quarter which ended in March, compared with $119m last year. Major increases in restructuring …
I'm surprised their revenues have gone up, though I imagine it's more to do with exchange rates than demand for their software.
Who in their right mind uses Symantec products? You constantly have to re-active the AV to download definitions, their firewall is shit, and I resent my boot time going up by 3-5 minutes the moment I install their AV suite.
All they seem good at anymore is destroying the [decent] products of companies that they assimilate.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen