Chip maker Nvidia can be seen striding around the graphics arena, arms raised, muscles flexed after giving Intel a mighty thrashing in the first-quarter contest. Nvidia wrested leadership of the desktop graphics market from the chip giant, Jon Peddie Research (JPR) revealed today. Intel quit Q4 2006 with a share of 37.5 per …
Erm intel chipsets are missing the GL_ARB_Fragment extension so I don't see why anyone would be wanting to use vista on intel. I have the same problem with my macbook and beryl, I just can't get the hardware to do the blurfx so that means the aero glass effects are out for vista too. Well unless they use a horrific GLSL software rendering technique, which I've seen in some examples but this is extremely heavy on CPU and the quality just isn't there.
I think nvidia will win out for vista and linux in the short term, unless intel come up with that brand spanking new graphics chip they've been hinting. Intel on Linux is still cool though, open source drivers and all ;)
I don't think so
I suspect the article should be 'Intel whups Nvidia' according to my own back of the envelope mathematics.
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked